By Fatima Ariadne
Some Quran verses are overquoted and we have to admit it. Not that it’s bad, but we must keep in mind that the gems of Quran are not just in the frequently quoted verses i.e. lightuponlightverse. Here are the examples of the hidden gems…the verses about life and spiritual wisdom.
1) ”And how can you have patience about things in which your understanding is incomplete?” (Qur’an 18:68)
2) “Satan threatens you with poverty and he commands you to immorality. But God promises you His forgiveness and bounty” (Quran 2:268)
3) “O mankind, your transgression (injustice, evildoing) is only against yourself!” (Quran 10:23)
4) “Kind speech and forgiveness is better than charity followed by injury.” (Qur’an 2:263)
5) ”Verily Allah is full of bounty to mankind, but most of them are ungrateful” (Quran 10:60)
6) ”…Whoever has been bestowed wisdom, has been truly blessed abundantly. But no one will take heed except those who use their minds” (Qur’an 2:269)
7) ”By the sky and the rising light. And do you know what is the rising light? It is the stars, deeply penetrating. There is no soul but it has over it a guardian protector.” (Quran 86:1-4)
(Just like the stars are the guide in the dark night, the primordial voice of conscience and heart that is conscious about the Ever-Watcher Allah are the guide for every soul and its protector from crookedness).
8) “Not equal are the evil and the good, although the abundance of evil might impress you.” (Quran 5:100)
9) “Forgive and let go. Don’t you like it if Allah forgives you? Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful” (Qur’an 24 : 22)
10) “And hasten to earn forgiveness of your Lord and Paradise as wide as heavens and earth, prepared for the righteous who give (in charity) both in prosperity and in adversity, for those who control their anger, and those who forgive” (Qur’an 3 : 133 – 134)
11) ”…Nor will I say about those upon whom your eyes look down, that Allah will never grant them any good. Allah is most knowing of what is within their souls.” (Quran 11 : 31)
12) ”O children of Adam, We have bestowed upon you clothing to cover your private parts and as adornment. But the clothing of piety is the best (of clothes).” (Quran 7 : 26)
13) “Despair not over matters that passed you by, nor be proud over favours bestowed upon you.” (Quran 57:23)
14) “….and verily, assumption avails not against the truth at all.” (Quran An Najm : 28)
15) ”And verily, the Hour is (eventually) coming; therefore forgive (others’ faults) with gracious forgiveness.” (Quran 15 : 85)
16) “And He creates things that you do not know” (Qur’an 16 : 8)
17) “And everyone has a direction (purpose) to which he should run, therefore hasten to good works” (Quran 2:148)
18) ”If Allah aids you, none can overcome you. If He forsakes you, who is there afterward, that can help you? Then upon Allah, let people of faith put their trust.” (Quran 3:160)
19) “Never think that God is unaware of what evildoers do. He only delays them (their punishment) for a Day when eyes will stare (in horror)”. (Quran 14:42)
20) “…Establish prayer, encourage what is good, forbid what is wrong, and bear with patience whatever befalls you. Surely these acts require courage” (Quran 31:17)
Love the article? Then please subscribe for Updates!
Subscribe now to be notified every time a new blog article is posted, and get the 2 FREE e-books as a welcome gift!